Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25

Wow! Where have I been? So many things can happen and change in just a few weeks. There is much to share, so this is going to be a long one…
Before I can begin to journal all that has taken place, I first need to begin with my devotional time. I have been able to spend time with God throughout all these days. It has been sporadic. One day while I was cleaning my house, I put my praise music on and worshiped the Lord and prayed. I was worshipping the Lord by being responsible with the things He has given me – my home. I was also worshipping by praying and singing praises to His Name!
The song that played on my CD: Natalie Grant and Friends, High and Exalted.
Prayer: Oh Lord, how good it feels to curl up with Your good Book. How blessed I am to pause this day and spend time with You. You are high and exalted and worthy of all praise! I give you my mind and my heart. Touch me so that I may see Your power through Your Word today. Bless me with Your presence. I repent my sin to You and ask for forgiveness. Thank you and Amen.
So for today, I read in 1 Samuel again. This section is so powerful! God is so powerful!! He demonstrates that power every day; it’s up to us to recognize it and walk in it. The Scripture is 1 Samuel 4: 12 – 5: 12. Eli the Prophet dies, his sons are killed, and the Ark of the Covenant is captured in battle. We meet a pregnant woman in this section that is married to one of Eli’s sons that died in battle. She is so upset about the Ark being captured and her husband and Eli are dead that she cannot see the blessing in the midst of all of this. She gives birth to a boy, but feels all hope is lost because of her circumstances. How many times I have felt all hope was lost because I could not understand or “feel” God’s presence? But God is so much bigger than circumstances, and He is so much bigger than a gold box! So God shows up with great power in Chapter 5. The Philistines who took the Ark of the Covenant put it into their god Dagon’s temple. I just can’t help but giggle reading this. The first morning they find their god Dagon knocked over before the Ark! Fallen, face down! A big old probably stone statue – knocked down! So what do they do? They lift it back into place. Now my giggle has turned into a full blown laugh because the next day Dagon is knocked over again but this time his face and hands are broken!! HAHAHA! Our God cannot be messed with! End of story. There is a lot more to the situation here, but just thinking about how God can take care of Himself. He doesn’t need us to worry about His Name being questioned or tainted. What also strikes me about the character of God in this situation is how Just He is. All this took place because of Israel’s disobedience. And with all that was happening, He kept His Word and punished Israel still. But He remained Faithful through it all. THIS is why I praise Him!
My ending prayer: Praise You Lord for how wonderful, powerful, faithful and holy You are!!
I continued the prayer by giving to Jesus all my concerns, excitement for what took place the past few weeks, my sorrows, and those that are so close to my heart that need a touch from Him. But one thing I know, God is still on His Throne and in control. That is all that matters!! I just need to trust and have faith in that alone.
By the way – does Dagon sound familiar? Those who grew up in the 80’s, remember Ghost Busters? One of the evil “ghosts” was named Dagon. Look it up. Funny, right?
Now for the second part of this blog: I have been seeking God’s Will in my life for a long time now. The fact of the matter is that God is far more interested in showing us more of Him in the process of learning to follow His Will. With a completely surrendered heart, God showed me more of who He is and His perfect Will for my life. Jesus was teaching me patience, reliance, peace, studying the Bible, prayer, silence, waiting. I could go on. And so in all of that I changed my direction in school. See, I have been taking classes toward a Master’s in Education Supervision and Administration. Not anymore. I became so desperate and at a cross road. I asked Jesus (again) to take away all that was within me that did not belong. The joy and excitement for something new that He placed in my heart is beyond words! To have the road map of exactly what it is we are purposed for and to know the power before it, behind it and within it – this is what we are to live for! Nothing more. Nothing less.
The following week was complete with a roller coaster of emotions. Does anyone see the pattern here? But OH the peace…..when all troubles, decisions, excitement are placed before Him, truly surrendered to Him, I mean lay at His throne, completely. I felt Him say to me, it’s all right. All is taken care of. That was enough for me. That is faith. Now, I still pray about all these circumstances. I still think about all these circumstances. Are they giving me more gray hair than I already have? Ha, NO! One thing is for sure, He vindicates those that are truly His!
I was sitting in the car with my beautiful daughter, about to make a very big decision regarding her future. She read my favorite Scripture. I must have read it a thousand times. But yesterday, something spoke to me, “Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land”. His descendants will inherit the land! My children are blessed!!! What peace that Scripture gave – both of us!
God is good and faithful! All of this expression, how God ministers is for all people! And THIS is why I praise His Name!
Spread the Word….

No comments:

Post a Comment