Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7

Reflection day today! It's been a complete week that I've been writing this blog. This is so exciting!

So, I've been thinking about this blog and it's purpose and direction. The reason for me writing my thougts for all the world to hear is to expose authentic Christian living - all it's wonderful experiences and trials. See, too many times having a relationship with God seems far, confusing, rule oriented and up to our own determination. So, the plan is to take you with me through a year of living as a Christian; to be open, honest and real. And by doing this you can experience all this with me; ask questions; and look for yourself. At the end of the year, I know we will all grow.

The first reflection:
Many nights this week I really did not want to post anything. I said to myself that I would just simply write - NOTHING TO POST - just so something would be there. HA! Joke was on me.
But then I started thinking about why I was posting when I really didn't want to. And it was simply for the sake of posting something. That concerned me.

(Because) second reflection:
The blog post is supposed to be my devotional time for the day. The time of day when I sit and get into the Bible, pray and journal. It's supposed to be my intimate relationship with God only blogged. And so I thought, wow, if I am only going to do my devotional time just so I can say I posted something each day - my motives are not right. Do you know what that is called? The sin of PRIDE, folks. So it's time to repent and get my relationship right with Jesus.

The third reflection:
I am doing this blog because it is part of a book that I am writing. Through prayer, I realized that blogging is a powerful way to connect with people and get some feedback. I think Jesus wants everyone to see that having a personal relationship with Him is something incredible not something crazy or impossible. I am so excited to see where this whole experience is going. I'm praying for all of you that are reading. And I'm praying that God will bring more people that need to connect.

Please spread the word. The more the merrier!

So, I will leave you with this:
Tonight a prayer service, my friend shared this thought -
"Why do we have to go through difficult things? It would be easier for God to reveal what He wants us to do so we can do it. But God is much more interested in revealing more of Himself to us and our relationship with Him. Not details".
Ponder on that a bit folks, and let me know what you think.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment