Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4

Life sure is funny. Some days I feel like everything is all set, I know the plan and I'm moving forward. Then there are days or moments when all seems to be upside down. It's so easy to get lost in the uncertainty of life. But then I remember that my God is constant, never changing, and in control. Days like this I need to find that and cling to it. Never let it go.

So. I have been eating gluten free (mostly) for two days now. Let's see how this effects my body. I didn't hit the gym or shovel like I wanted. That was going to be my exercise today. I was supposed to be in bed a few hours ago. But I was late getting home tonight. My plan is to get to bed early so I can function in the morning and have my prayer and Bible time after I bring the kids to school. Well, this week is going to be a bit different. Late nights pretty much every night. So for now, I'll blog late at night. I'll make the most of it. I have to. I need my prayer and Bible time. I crave it sometimes.

So earlier today Nicole Mullen's song Blessed and Broken randomly played on my CD. I really needed to hear that song today.
It's about the time when Jesus fed thousands of people from a boy's lunch of bread and fish. She sings: take it, hold it, bless it, break it. Then the song transforms to: take me, hold me, bless me and break me. Cuz only then, I'll multiply.
So that's my prayer today. If you look up the song, listen to the words. Deep.

I prayed a few times already today. Mostly prayers of desperation. Desperate to be smack in the middle of God's Will and Power.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for another opportunity to come to you in prayer. You are faithful and merciful. Praise You, Jesus! Before I read your Word tonight, I pray that you will open up my heart and my mind. Allow me to understand all that I will read. Allow me to draw closer to you through you Holy Word tonight. I love you Jesus. Amen.

Reading: Romans chapter 4
This passage is about faith. What is faith? We know people named Faith. To have faith in something is to believe in it. I guess. The modern definition of faith changes.
But in this passage, Abraham is used as an example of faith. Faith is believing that God will allow to happen what He promises. Ha! The key is to know what He promises. This is how we know what God promises and how to follow it. By praying, reading and obeying.
So. Back to Abraham. Righteousness. It's not what we do to earn being called "good". It's simply believing in an everlasting God. Calling on the Name of Jesus credits us righteousness. That plain and simple.
Verse 15 is very interesting. "because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression". In other words, rules bring correction. So if there are no rules, no one can be held accountable. That's the mindset of many people today. Nothing can be further from the truth! There are rules. There are guidelines. Everything on this planet has boundaries. God is the ultimate line drawer.

Closing prayer: 7 Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him. Thank you Lord for calling me blessed. Thank you also for your righteousness. I pray that I am worthy of wearing your righteousness. Help me tomorrow to be more like you, and less like me. Help my eyes to see where you are working around me. Give me the courage to step into your Will. I pray for those that are reading this blog. I thank you for this opportunity to honor You. I am trusting in You. I lift up my husband to you. Touch his heart and mind. Bless him. In the Name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

So I will read a little in 1 Samuel and a little in Romans.

Good night. XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment