Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5

Writer's block.
Today was an ok day. I'm dealing with some emotions. I can't wait to see how God works this one out.
I'm a little distracted right now because of the TV. When I sit down to read and pray, I need quiet. Everyone is asleep, which is nice.
Tonight is going to be a short devotional.

I'm not going to listen to a song on CD tonight. I like the one the Praise and Worship Team sang on Sunday:

Holines, holiness is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what You want from me.

Faithfulness, faithfulness is what I long for
Faithfulness is what I need
Faithfulness, faithfulness is what you want from me.

Righteousness, righteousness is what I long for
Righteousness, is what I need
Righteousness, righteousness is what you want from me.

So take my life and hold it.
Take my mind and mold it.
Take my will, conform it, to Your's, to Your's O Lord.

Dear Lord,
I submit myself to you. I bring to You in trust and in faith, all that concerns me. Today, I don't know if I can lay down all my troubles. I don't know how just yet. I know that You and I have been through a lot, and You have shown me grace and mercy in the past. You have shown me Your power. Have patience with me Lord. Please. Thank you, that You are a God that does not change and does not turn away. You are faithful and wonderful! I trust in You! As I begin to read your Word, I ask for understanding and wisdom. Your Word is alive and relevant for me today. Help me to draw closer to you through the reading of this Word right now.
Amen.

Reading: 1 Samuel 2: 1-11
You know something? The Bible is such a comfort. My heart just now was so full of yuck! But after reading Hannah's prayer, I feel so refreshed! Can anyone understand? Does anyone not, and want to?! I mean really. Way deep down inside where the hurt is so deep and protected. God just touched me there. Thank you Lord. I felt His arms around me, saying it's going to be alright. What peace! Friends, this is why the Bible is so cherished by Christians.
verse 2, "There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God". Oh yes!!! There is no Rock like our God! Thank you Jesus, with you I can face anything.

I'm going to fall asleep with that song in my head. That is my prayer tonight.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I might not get to blog. If you are reading, I appreciate you.

Lord, keep us all safe from harm.
-Nicole

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the Lord will keep you and you are precious to Him.

    ReplyDelete