Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2

Writer’s block. I’ve been thinking more about “living life on purpose” – the theme for this blog. Somehow, I just can’t get the words together. I want to share my testimony of how God gave me more clarity of my path in life. Maybe I’m thinking too much on what it should be that it’s overwhelming me. Writing about finding purpose in life is so important to me for many reasons. First, it’s the age – old question. Second, with everything that is within me, I know God is the Author of that purpose and it is tailor made for each one of us. My passion is helping people discover the best, most abundant life God has in store for them!

The devotionals this week have been – okay. Monday, I was still really distracted. Some days it’ll be like that. Maintenance. I guess days like that are practicing the new habit of searching Scripture and praying. Something like securing the foundation that has been laid. Some days are going to be fabulous – knock your socks off – revelations and others are going to be simple and sweet.

I didn’t start with a song. Maybe that’s where things went wrong. I prayed, asking God for forgiveness and clarity on the Scripture for that day. I prayed for an open heart and mind.

Reading: 1 Samuel 6 – The Ark Returned to Israel
The interesting section of this Scripture – verses 10 – 12. The Philistines are returning the Ark because God is cursing them for having it. The priests decided to send it back using two cows that have never been hitched to a cart before, alone. Why you ask? (Why we ask, haha). They were testing if the curses were from God. If the cows go straight on the road without being led by humans, then it was the God of Israel that brought this destruction. However, if the cows stray, then they know it was just a coincidence. Guess what happened. That’s right. The “never been hitched to a plow” – cows followed the path. Never turning from it to the right or to the left. That fascinates me because that is what God calls us to do. Stay on the path. He says, “Do not turn from it to the right or to the left”. Jesus said, “I am the WAY”. Another connection that can be made is to Psalm 32: 8, 9 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you”.

Enough said. Let that marinate.

Thanks for reading. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    As a christian I am always on this quest to make sure me and my family is on the right road and we are not looking to the left or to the right. My devo time is from my utmost for His highest and 1 chapter in Proverbs a day. My question is should I go into a another book into the Bible?

    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Arquisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oswald Chambers' book is a wonderful devotional! Keep reading that for sure. God's Word is so great and so big and so full of knowledge for us all! Reading from all the Books is a great way to draw closer to Him. I suggest asking yourself the following questions to decide other Books to read: Is there a person in the Bible you like or identify with? Do you like to read a few verses at a time and dig into the meaning of the words? (If so, then using the 'tools' in your Bible to investigate is wonderful.)Is there something you are struggling with in your life that you need guidance on? Do you connect more with the Old Testament or New Testament? Thinking about what you are interested in will help you decide where else to read. I hope this helps. Let me know where you decide to read from here.

    ReplyDelete