Friday, February 19, 2010

February 19

What a difference a nice quiet house makes. My son is sleeping a little late this morning, and I am able to concentrate in prayer and reading the Bible. Yesterday was not so productive. As I was trying to pray, all I could hear was video games and boy noises. Most of the time things like that don’t distract me, yesterday was not one of those times. I think the reason is because I am just starting the fast and focusing more in prayer. Spiritual growth is funny like that. When we are determined to give more energy and focus to our relationship with the Lord, it seems like more things get in the way. This is especially true when fasting. All of the sudden you are hungry when normally you would not be thinking about eating. When you are praying, all these extra thoughts surface causing you to think about something totally different than what you want to pray about. The answer? Perseverance. Pushing through, because God is so much more necessary and important than anything else. You just have to have Him more in your life.

This morning’s devotional went something like this:
“Show me your ways, O Lord. Teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior and my hope is in you all day long”. Psalm 25:4. I never get tired of my favorite verse. I could say it in prayer a thousand times and it will still give special meaning.

Show. Teach. Guide. In your -Ways. Path. Truth. There is a dependence of us as students and children of God to be taught and guided through God’s ways, paths and truth. Along with that is a certain independence to do our homework, study and act in obedience.

“For you are God my Savior”. He is our Savior. Not because we deserved it, ONLY because he loves us so much Jesus would rather die than live without us. Our Savior. This alone is why we can worship Him.

“Whenever God gives us His inspiration, suddenly taking the initiative becomes a moral issue – a matter of obedience. Then we must act to be obedient and not continue to lie down doing nothing. If we will arise and shine, drudgery will be divinely transformed”. Oswald Chamber, February 19.

Living life with purpose and meaning is my focus to get me to the next level in life. Taking this inspiration from God and doing something with it – this is my focus and goal. Not meant to be glorious or easy, but good hard work still.

I closed in prayer on behalf of my friends and loved ones who are hurting right now – in so many different ways. I also prayed for my daughter’s future.

There is a blessing waiting for you today. Seek after God to find it. It’ll be just what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment