Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 28th, midnight

The problem started as – Oh my goodness, I have so much to write! Where do I begin? Then it became – This is too hard for me. I can’t begin. Which evolved to – Oh yeah, I was writing a blog wasn’t I? So much time has passed. Maybe I should just give up. But then the nagging need to fulfill my purpose (which is unfolding and taking on a new form frequently) would not let me stop. There is something to give. The pain of not giving it is greater than the pain of having to sit down and write it. So here I am now, contemplating, opening up, thinking, praying, feeling a bit naked. No turning back? No turning back. It’ll take a while. Longer than I have patience with myself. What am I writing about? Commitment. Discipline. Purpose. Vision. Finding God, for real. Forgiveness. Love, the real kind. Pouring out what’s inside. And really letting God move into your heart and create the most beautiful masterpiece He has ever created. YOU!

With knuckles cracked, sleeves rolled up, and Bible and prayer my ritual…here I go.

I can’t stop realizing that all people – no matter who you are and what you believe, you are in search of something outside yourself to make you find purpose in Life. People are desperate for something that makes sense, and helps them make sense of senseless things. People are searching for something to belong to, which doesn’t hurt anyone else, and at the same time makes them feel something. People want to feel something other than what they are feeling – even if it’s just for a moment. If what they find does the trick, even for a moment. But then the question: Is this really what I desire?

I will make no apologies and no excuses for what will be written. I believe in Jesus. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. What does that mean, Nicole? It means...Love will be the language that will be written. I’m sure you’ll be able to understand it, if you listen.

Enjoy and I beg for patience,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment