Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31

Oh my journal, how I have neglected you! It’s not that I have forgotten about you. No! I have thought of you often. It’s just that sometimes I find it difficult to write in you. Sometimes there is too much to write. Sometimes my thoughts are overwhelmed. Sometimes I simply don’t have enough time. I long to color you with all my life has experienced in the past month or so.

God is so amazing! How can I tell of all His wonders?

One of my Bibles, The Living Bible translation, spent some time with one of my friends and I got it back the other day. I read through the entire Bible using this one. In it are so many highlights of verses that really spoke to my heart. These Scriptures just have to be shared. Here are some:

Psalms 51: 7-15, “Sprinkle me with the cleansing blood and I shall be clean again. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. And after you have punished me, give me back my joy again. Don’t keep looking at my sins – erase them from your sight. Create in me a new, clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires. Don’t toss me aside, banished forever from your presence. Don’t take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me again the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Then I will teach your ways to other sinners, and they – guilty like me – will repent and return to you. Don’t sentence me to death. O my God, you alone can rescue me. Then I will sing of your forgiveness, for my lips will be unsealed – oh, how I will praise you.”

Psalms 66: 16 – 20, “Come and hear, all of you who reverence the Lord, and I will tell you what he did for me: For I cried to him for help, with praises ready on my tongue. He would not have listened if I had not confessed my sins. But he listened! He heard my prayer! He paid attention to it! Blessed be God who didn’t turn away when I was praying, and didn’t refuse me his kindness and love”.

Psalms 116: 1-2, “I love the Lord because he hears my prayers and answers them. Because he bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I breathe!”

Psalms 92: 1-4, “It is good to say, ‘Thank you’ to the Lord, to sing praises to the God who is above all gods. Every morning tell him, ‘Thank you for your kindness,’ and every evening rejoice in all his faithfulness. Sing his praises, accompanied by music from the harp and lute and lyre. You have done so much for me, o Lord. No wonder I am glad! I sing for joy”.

Today, this day, is yours my God. Be glorified in all I say and do. Help me by the power of the Holy Spirit to love YOU with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. Thank you my King, Brother, Savior and Lord for being the Gate in which I can enter in the Presence of God.
Love,
Your Servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment