Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 16, 2011

Charles Stanley is so in my head right now! Thursday, I completed my book. Friday, I submitted it. Today, Sunday, I turn on Charles Stanley while getting ready for church and what is he talking about folks? His introduction is: Everyday you have time to pray. Every day you have time to read the Bible. Every day you have time to spend with God. Every day you have time to have your own personal worship service. Serious? That’s my entire book. As I continue to listen to his message, he hits about eight out of the ten points I make.

So what exactly does that mean? Confirmation, y’all! Doubt loves to come in and make a happy home right next to faith. It’s kind of like that Mucinex commercial. The slimy uninvited guest moves right in and makes us feel all terrible inside. But then faith, hope and love conquer like the medicine in the commercial and wipes it all out clean! Amen people, amen!

Now, I didn’t go around all day filled with doubt about the need for my book, but it did sneak in every now and then. But now, listening to my brother’s message I am so much more encouraged and inspired! Whether I win the contest or not, the job remains the same: reaching a hurting world with a practical application and guide with God’s purpose for their lives individually.

I love how the Holy Spirit goes around to his children and whispers words of wisdom. We find ourselves looking at each other thinking, “I was just going to say that!”

Plugging ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment