Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 28

Sleep has now become a luxury. Instead of exercising, I am going to take a nap so I can function for the rest of the day.

So in my favorite spot by the window I sit with my Bible open to my favorite Chapter. These are my “comfort foods”. This is my opening prayer – the first 5 verses of Psalm 25. That’s about all the prayer I could muster up at this point. Have you ever felt your soul so weary, you can’t even pray? The Bible says the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and the cry of our heart is heard through the cry of the Holy Spirit. Romans 8: 26, 27. Thank you, Lord!

And so, as I continue in the Chapter, my mind is drifting to one situation and another trouble. But then my eyes land on the tear stained section in verse 14. “The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them”. And I pause. Confides. A confidant. This means to entrust, to place in somebody’s care, to reveal, open your heart to. For those that fear the Lord, this is what HE does for us. Have you ever confided in someone a special part of you? A secret, a dream that is very special to you? When you intimately sit with that person, think of the closeness, think of the hushed tone of the conversation. That is what God does with us WHEN we have fear of Him. He entrusts His inner most confidence in US! Who are we that we deserve such honor? And that whisper session is God placing His plan for your life in your heart. How beautiful! And so this is why I praise the Lord and love Him! To read a real life example, check out Genesis 18: 17-19.

The other aspect of this verse is “the fear of the Lord”. The New International Version of the Bible gives this explanation, “Those who honor God and order their lives in accordance with his will because of their reverence for him; a sense of reverential trust in God that includes commitment to his revealed will”. Not the same fear we have of the IRS. Reverence means: respect, admiration, awe, worship.

So then I pray: Oh, Lord, have mercy on me and allow me into Your presence. Take pity on me and give me Your beyond all comprehension peace. (With my hands raised) I am desperate for You. I am so lost without You.
I continued in prayer sharing and asking for help in many things, which concluded in praising His Name!


Where is God going to show off today?

No comments:

Post a Comment